Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Wine, Shoes, and the ER

Sorry for the delay in blog posts. This weekend and last few days have been crazy.

Friday night had me spending time with two of my girlies, Maddie and Jess. John got to witness what I have been telling him about for months: a Wine and Couch night (also know as DTV, drunk tv). In my last quarter at Drexel, my girlfriends Maddie and Jess lived on the same block as me. One time, Maddie and I decided to hang, but we wanted to relax. I brought some wine, she had some wine, and we plopped down on the couch to watch tv. Wine and Couch nights had begun. Jess joined the festivities soon after, making us a group of three. Sometimes I’m ready to go out and go to bars and some nights, I want to relax with some wine. I had a blast catching up with Maddie and Jess. John definitely got a laugh at us showing off our yoga moves after a glass of wine or two. I also got to convert them into kale chip lovers! :D

We don't look nearly this classy. 
Saturday, John and I ran errands and used a few of my Groupons. I bought new running shoes, Saucony Kinvaras. They are much thinner than my current Asics Kayanos, which I am loving. Got in 7 miles and I loved the feeling of lighter feet! I started to feel some dull and achy chest pain Saturday, but it was intermittent. I had three birthday parties to attend Saturday night, but I was not feeling great. I was tired and knew that once I got out there, I’d want to go home. I felt really bad because all three of them are great friends, but my body was not having it.

Sunday had me getting up to get in 15 miles. I am training for the Mind the Ducks 12 hour race and the Back on My Feet 24 hour Lone Ranger race. I tried out a new run/walk sequence that worked well, but I am still not set on a run/walk pattern. Came back, made chocolate swirl mini cheesecakes, then headed with John to New Jersey to celebrate his dad’s 60th birthday. Had yummy food and was still able to get back to catch most of the Grammys. I’m a sucker for award shows.

My pretty new running shoes!
Monday morning, I woke up with more chest pains. They were still dull and achy, but they were more frequent. I was also lightheaded. Came into work and the pain started getting sharp. I left work to head to the ER. John and I got there around 1 pm, where they took me immediately for an EKG. That was fine (whew!). They did blood work and a chest x-ray eventually. Hours later, I was taken back and they said both were clear (whew again!). They said if it was a blood clot, they’d have to do a separate blood test to check. Hours later, the results said I did not have a blood clot (triple whew!). I was discharged 11 hours later with no real diagnosis. They think it is just a muscle strain or something, but I’ve got an appointment today to follow up. Stinky way to spend Valentine’s Day, but at least nothing serious was wrong with me and John and I were together.

Took it easy yesterday (no exercising) and got in 4 easy miles today on the treadmill before work. The chest pains have gone away and the lightheadedness is slowly fading. I’m very happy it wasn’t serious, but I will be glad to hear what is going on.

Whew, sorry for such a long post, but I didn’t get to post due to the ER drama. I’ll be doing my best to post more frequently so the posts aren’t so long.

How did everyone else spend their weekends and Valentine’s Days? 

2 comments:

  1. I am happy to find this very useful for me, as it contains lot of information. I always prefer to read the quality content.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gabor Shoes AG based in Rosenheim is a leading manufacturer of high-quality ladies' fashion shoes. Alongside the latest styles, fit and quality of workmanship ..

    Annie J. Griffith

    ReplyDelete