Monday, February 21, 2011

Epiphany about Limits and Avocado Pasta

A few weeks ago, I had an epiphany during a run that has had me thinking about it ever since. I was out on a morning run and found myself running faster than I normally do. I felt fine, but I told myself, "I shouldn't be running this fast. I don't run these runs these fast." There is something to be said for not pushing yourself  so hard in each run, but I thought, "Why can't I push myself a bit on this run?" I all of a sudden realized that if I keep telling myself I should feel comfortable, I will never improve in my running. Like I said, there is a time and place for sprinting and then for slow, long runs, but if one sets up limits, goals will never be reached. Since then, I have increased the speed of most of my runs (not significantly), but already, runs that felt really fast a few weeks ago are now feeling easy. I also thought about how this affects me outside of running. If I tell myself something is not possible, it never will be. I need to try pushing myself and if I fail, at least then I will truly know my limits. I am excited for this new perspective and how much will now be possible.

*****

In regards of food, I have made a lot of yummy foods this past week. John had requested chocolate chip cookies. With the week being crazy, I finally got around to making them last night. There are so many and it's so tempting to gobble them all up. I did eat a good amount of dough before they went in the oven. Yummmm.

My new favorite meal is Oh She Glow's 15 Minute Avocado Pasta (link). I was able to use my new food processor (care of John for my 23rd birthday) to make this recipe. It is amazingly delicious and so easy to make! I did make a few changes to the recipe. I am a garlic lover, but 2 raw garlic cloves was a lot for both John and me. We also found it to be a bit thick, so I added a few tablespoons of the pasta water to thin it out a bit. It's creamy, lemony, and downright delicious. Make sure to make it soon! You won't regret it. 
Oh She Glow's beautiful photograph of the Avocado Pasta

As today is President's Day, I have the day off. I am going to run errands, do laundry, and finally get in some yoga. I haven't been to a yoga class in 3 or 4 weeks, which is bad! I know my body loves the good stretch and tough workout I get through power yoga, so I owe it to my body to do it. 

Anyone have any new or delicious recipes you made this past week? I'd love to hear about them!

No comments:

Post a Comment