Monday, December 17, 2012

What I've Been Up To

Well hello there! With lots of new things happening, I haven't updated like I should have. That always happens, but I really would like to focus on posting more often. I enjoy looking back at what I've done and I enjoy having an outlet to write. So what's new with me?

  • I started a new job! I realized that I wanted to work in social media, so I'm working for an agency in Philly working on their social media team. It wasn't an easy decision, but I had to take the chance. I also live within walking distance of the office, which has been amazing! I've gotten in much longer morning runs when I don't have to take the train to the suburbs to work. 
  • I am switching which 100 miler I am going to run next spring. With my new job, I am going to avoid traveling due to costs, so I dropped the Umstead 100 miler. I'm sad as it was going to be a tough challenge for me, but I'm signed up now for the C&O Canal 100 miler instead! It's in MD, so I can stay with my mom and drive to the race, as opposed to flying, getting a hotel, and renting a car. I have another running friend doing this race, too, so I am getting really excited about it!
  • With the 100 miler is now only about 19 weeks away, I have set up a training schedule for myself. As I have more time in the morning, I will be able to get in longer runs mid-week. I also am going to try to do back-to-back long runs on the weekends. I did it a bit training for my first ultras, but chickened out for the last few. I know it won't be easy, or fun, honestly, but I think it will help me with my 100!
  • I'm working on bringing in other forms of fitness to my routine. I have a 10 punch card for a yoga studio in Center City that I need to use, so I've been going to yoga once a week. I can't say that I love it during the actual class, but I feel so relaxed and great after, I know I need to keep going. I also went to my first pilates class in, no exaggeration, probably 4 years. It was painful, but the hour flew and I adored it. I can't wait to go back!
I hope everyone else has been well! And just for a laugh, here's a (not so great) picture of my friend Matt and I before the Philadelphia Marathon. 

Matty Ice is THE MAN for dressing up in this and spectating the race.

3 comments:

  1. I feel the same way about yoga. It's tough to get myself there and its tough to get through it, but I always feel better afetrwards. The C&O 100 looks really cool! Good luck with your training!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 100 miles! Wow! My husband is running his first 100 miler this year!

    Any tips you want to share with a 50 miler newbie in 2013?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jilly, yay! I adore ultras, although the training can be daunting. I would check out:

      http://www.ultrarunning.com/index.shtml
      http://www.ultrunr.com/
      http://forums.runnersworld.com/forums/training/ultra-marathons

      If you have any questions, I am no expert, but am always happy to help another runner!!

      Delete