Monday, December 31, 2012

2012 in Review

Where did this year go?! I really can't believe tomorrow will be 2013! I am excited to look back at what I was able to do this past year and can't wait for the excitement of next year!


To recap:

January - Stuck in a rut, I slowly built up for my February marathon
February - I raced the Surf City USA Marathon, appreciated my lack of diversity, visited Hawaii, and witnessed my best friend get married
March - Did a bunch of bootcamp workouts and registered for my first 100 miler! 
April - Tough mental times as I was burnt out and questioned being a real runner
May - Raced a 12 hour race and made Cashew Butter Cups
June - Raced and finished my first 100 miler!!!, ran the Color Me Rad 5k with friends the BF, and enjoyed new veggies with my CSA
July - Had fun at the Firefly Music Festival and went to my best friend's wedding celebration
August - Celebrated 5 years with my guy and his 25th birthday
September - Raced and PRed a half marathon
October - PRed the Marine Corps Marathon dressed as Minnie Mouse and opened up about my running playlist
November - PRed the Philadelphia Marathon dressed as a pirate!
December - Registered for my next 100 miler and incorporated yoga and Pilates into my routine

Miles run in 2012: 1,809

I also started a new job, baked a ton, attended a slew of concerts, laughed a lot with friends and family, and did my best to remember how lucky I am.

What are my goals for 2013?

  • Run 2000 miles in 2013
  • Participate in 13 races in the year
  • Be better about saving money in order to do fun things, like travel!
  • Incorporate non-running forms of exercise into my routine regularly
  • Have fun and enjoy the really cool life I get to live
Anyone have any big plans for the next year? I hope everyone has a happy and healthy new year! 

3 comments:

  1. Happy New Year! What an amazing 2012 you had. Loved going back and reading your 100 mile recap. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Abbi! Sometimes I still can't believe that I ran that race, so it's fun to look back. I hope you have a happy new year!

      Delete
  2. Congratulations on a great year in 2012! Good luck with your goals for 2013!

    ReplyDelete