Monday, January 2, 2012

Look back on 2011 and what 2012 can bring

Well, I haven't blogged in a while. Nor have I ran in awhile *gulp.* It's been nearly two weeks since I've run/exercised, which is kind of insane! I've been just letting myself be lazy, but it's starting to get to me. I feel gross, but have zero motivation to change it. Now that the holidays are over, I'm planning out my running training for the next few months and hoping it will motivate me.

One thing that is a bit motivating is seeing how much I progressed last year. My schedule included a few 5ks, pacing a friend in his first completed 100 miler, PRing my 12 hour race, struggling with my 24 hour racePRing my half marathon, PRing my marathon, and becoming a maniac! It has honestly been my best year of running to date, even if my 24 hour race didn't go as I had hoped. All of the hours upon hours of training really paid off and I am pretty proud of what I was able to accomplish.

What will 2012 bring? Who knows! I know I will be running (not racing since I'm not in great shape!) the Surf City USA Marathon on February 5th, hoping to competitively competed in the Mind the Ducks 12 Hour Race on May 12th, and my fall race is still undecided (hoping to race my first 50 miler!).

One way I am attempting to kick-off the year well is by participating in Balanced Bite's 21-Day Sugar Detox. I wouldn't normally do something like this, but when my consistent running stopped around the holidays, my eating has also gone to hell. With all of the sugary and carby things that were ingested over the last month, it will be nice for me to step away from all things sugary so I can just allow my sugar cravings to become slightly more manageable; it's not normal to wake up and immediately want chocolate every day.

I wish I was more motivated and excited for 2012, but that will happen once I get back into the normal swing of things. Here's to hoping 2012 is even better than 2011!

2 comments:

  1. FYI, you indirectly inspired my wife to become a marathon maniac. I mentioned to her about how one of the bloggers I read had become one, she checked out the site, and 3 weeks later she had run 2 marathons in 14 days (and 3 in 42 days). She's now talking about testing the ultra waters this spring. I think I have now officially relinquished the title of "most compulsive runner" in our household. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. David, that is really touching! Never though that I would inspire (even indirectly!) another runner, so tell your wife thanks; it's flattering and it'll inspire me to not be so lazy.

    Hope you had a good holidays!

    ReplyDelete