Monday, August 29, 2011

It's official - Philadelphia Marathon, here I come!


I may have been too superstitious to register before, but like that screenshot says, I am officially registered for the Philadelphia Marathon on November 20th!!! :D Ever since I had my IT band injury last year before the Marine Corps Marathon, I have been too superstitious to register; in my head, if I registered, I'd get injured and not be able to prepare for the race well. With it 85% full, today, I decided to just get some cojones and do it!

For the past 5 weeks (first week of plan was my week off after my 24 hour race), I've been using Pete Pfitzinger's 18/55 training program (18 weeks, averaging 55 miles per week). With just 3 short months to go, here's the training I've got left:

September

October

November

In the past, my training programs did not include enough speedwork and miles at my goal marathon pace. In the last 5 weeks, I have already done a handful of runs at my goal marathon pace or faster and it feels so good. I feel really great about this year's marathon and think that I am preparing myself the best I can so that I can get the elusive personal record (PR). Three months will fly by and before I know it, it'll be race time!

Anyone else have races they are training for? Anyone else doing the Philadelphia Marathon?


3 comments:

  1. wow, good for you! I am not a runner at all, but would love to be one day :D

    http://bottleblack.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's always been a dream of mine but I kept putting it off, too busy, too tired, too something... But you inspire me to get my running shoes out! Love your blog and now following! Maybe you'll have time to visit my blog:)

    Kisses,
    Annabelle
    http://vivaluxury.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Eva- Thanks for your comment and trust me, anyone can be a runner!

    Annabelle- Glad I can be a good inspiration for getting out there and running. Thanks for the follow and I will definitely follow your blog as well!

    ReplyDelete