Monday, September 12, 2011

French Bread and Running Playlist (download!)


My first class at the Restaurant School went really well! We made French Bread and it was so delicious. As suspected, I knew a majority of what the teacher taught, but did learn some more scientific/chemistry-related things and a few pointers. I didn't take any pictures of the two loaves I baked there, but I have some more dough in my freezer and will make sure to take a picture of them once those get baked off!

My bread didn't look this pretty. I wish!
While I was in Anna's Blogging Basics for Girls class, she mentioned using MediaFire to create playlists for her site. Immediately, I thought, "Oh, I don't do playlists. No need to pay attention." It then hit me! Music is an integral part of me being able to survive my runs. It can pump me up, put me in the zone, help me focus on my goals, and pass the time. I am very excited to say I am going to be creating workout playlists and posting them on this here blog.

To kick off this workout playlist feature, I am going to take this past weekend's concert as inspiration. I attended the VirginMobile FreeFest with the boyfriend, brother, cousin, mother (who was doing PR for the event...yeah, she's pretty cool), and some friends. The inaugural playlist will feature artists who were playing the festival.
  1. Your Touch - The Black Keys (116 beats per minute [bpm]/13:24 min mile)
  2. Alone with You - Deadmau5 (128 bpm/12:12 min mile)
  3. Dance (A$$) - Big Sean (160 bpm/9 min mile)
  4. Walking on a Dream - Empire of the Sun (127 bpm/12:18 min mile)
  5. F*ck You - Cee Lo (127 bpm/12:18 min mile)
  6. Wolf Like Me - TV on the Radio (127 bpm/12:18 min mile)
  7. Punkrocker - Teddybears (141 bpm/10:48 min mile)
  8. Lights and Music - Cut Copy (126 bpm/12:24 min mile)
  9. I Can Talk - Two Door Cinema Club (163 bpm/8:42 min mile)
  10. Your Eyes - Bombay Bicycle Club (146 bpm/10:24 min mile)
  11. Paris (Ooh La La) - Grace Potter and the Nocturnals (182 bpm/6:48 min mile)

Playlist length: 46 minutes

I used jog.fm to approximate beats per minute and min/mile times in case you were curious. 

Let me know what you think of this playlist! It's a bit slower than most of the music I workout to, but I'm excited to do a run to it tomorrow. 

3 comments:

  1. I went for my second run along the river yesterday and though my lady gaga pandora station served me pretty well, I'm pretty excited to go running with this play list!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! This is my first time at your blog (came over from Daily Mile) and I'm loving it! I just read some previous posts and I'm excited to continue following!

    That is so awesome that you are pursuing your passion and going to restaurant school! And thanks for sharing the jog.fm link, it looks super helpful since I'm always looking to spice up my playlist.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Melissa, thanks for coming to my blog! I follow yours and really enjoy it, as well! Good luck with the marathon training!

    ReplyDelete